Uganda has Discounted Gorilla trekking permits as below
- Foreign Non Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 700 to USD 400.
- Foreign Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 600 to USD 300
- East African Community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from UGX 250,000 to UGX 150,000.
The Executive Director of Uganda Wildlife Authority Sarn Mwandha yesterday 27th November 2020 Published a letter with Festive season discounts on Gorilla permits, Chimpanzee permits and park entrance fees from the month of December 2020 to March 2021.
Other discount offers are
a) Chimpanzee trekking permits as below
- East African Community resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from UGX 150,000 to UGX 100,000
- Foreign Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 150 to USD 100
- Foreign Non Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 200 to USD 150.
b) 50% discount on park entrance fee for Lake Mburo NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Kidepo
Valley NP, Murchison Falls NP, Semuliki NP, Toro Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga
Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
c) 50% discount on birding fees.
The reduction on gorilla and chimp fees will only apply to new purchases between 1st December 2020 and 31st March 2021 and not on reschedules of already deposited on permits or purchases using credit letters.
And no reschedules will be allowed for these promotional permits.
In the letter UWA further reminds all tourists to continue adhering to the COVID-19 guidelines
throughout this period.
As we enter into this festive season, Engagi Safaris is glad to receive these discounts which Uganda wildlife has rewarded to the every one that would like to visit Uganda National parks and most importantly visiting the Mountain Gorillas, we there fore ask all the intending visitors to Uganda tourist attractions not to miss this chance as a great way to go through this period of the COVID-19 pandemic and end 2020.
Uganda has also followed Rwanda that offered Gorilla trekking Discounts to Rwandan nationals and Rwandan Residents in June when RDB re opened Tourism activities after COVID-19 rock down.
For more information and tour packages contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org